Saturday, May 19, 2012

Prom Queen

Sadly, I am not the prom queen. I know y'all must be shocked! I keed, I keed.
 
Two weekends ago my cousin and her boyfriend had his high school's prom to attend (he's a seen-ya and she's a june-ya) and they needed a few snapshots taken. She failed to inform me that he doesn't dig taking pictures. However, she is a ham and has been since she exited the womb.

When I got to her house she had, had a nail crisis and had to get it fixed. Understandable.

Then there were the eyelashes.

Maybe I'm old fashioned. Maybe I'm not on the up and up with what's cool now. I don't know, but what I do know is that I have NEVER touched a fake eyelash in my life, and now I may possibly be the Mia Hamm or Victoria Beckham or the Bill Gates of eyelash application. Pro I tell you. They are still weird to me in theory though (I'd neva' wear 'em).

With all that being said, these pictures were taken in poor crummy lighting thanks to weatha' and impending thunderstorms, bad attitudes ("I hate taking pictures"), and the whirlwind associated with "prom."

Sidenote - you could not PAY me to go back to high school and do prom all over again. Too much hype surrounding it. Seriously.

Ok. Where was I?

So yea. These were taken. They're not great, but they're not turrrrible either. Definitely shows where my confidence is lacking - meaning I have to speak up to get better shots for the future (if I want them).








The focus here isn't her necklace or his tie per se. These pictures are meant to hang one above the other or side by side in a frame. Looks quite nice. I feel like I have seen other photographers take similar shots, but I was surprised how many people didn't get what I was trying to achieve until after explaining it to them (meaning how they hang). No biggie though.


-Suze

No comments:

Post a Comment