It's been so long - or so it feels. I'm elated that I have a second to sit in front of my computer and do selfish things like blog read, edit pics, and not do anything school related for like 5 seconds of my life. Whew!
This post is completely inspired by some of the blogs I read. Colleen and Annie write posts on things they're loving lately, as I'm sure countless other bloggers do also. I may start doing posts like these from time to time because who doesn't love to be in the loop on hot new products, cute clothes, or things for your home? No one. No one likes to be out of the loop, I've decided haha.
You ready for 'em? (For those that don't follow on Instagram)
First up - Products.
1. Better Life Bags - I adore these snack bags. I ordered them from Rebecca and she was a gem to work with. Now I don't have to buy an excessive amount of Ziplocs for lunches.
2. Starbucks Pour-Over Brewing System - I discovered this when I was at my parents' house a few weeks ago. I share a Keurig with my roommates at my house at the beach, and while it's convenient, those cups of coffee are just a smidge too small for my caffeine addiction. The k-cups can get pricey too. This brewing system allows me to make a little cup or a big cup for that extra jolt that I might need. Bag coffee is also a wee bit cheaper.
3. Bare Minerals Blemish Therapy - I love this. I love it alot. It's a powder that you apply to blemishes before applying the rest of your makeup. It conceals and heals. I call that a two-fer (two for one deal)! If you have a severe allergy to sulfa products, you may want to reconsider using because it's straight sulfur. It does smell a little bit haha - the long-term effect is the focus here!
4. Posh 2012-2013 Planning Calendar - There's just something about cute planners that spurs motivation, at least for me haha. I purchased this at my Hallmark with a coupon for about $14. I could use it now, but the monthly view doesn't start until January 2013 and I need my monthly view. I found a cute stand in at Target to use until then.
Next up - Target. You know you love Target. You also know you can't get out of there without spending a minimum of $50. O you thought you were the only one? No my friend - you are not alone in the OverspendingAtTargetDepartment. We should probably create a support group or something . . . Nah - that's for quitters :)
1. Bath Towels - I was in dire need. I'd been eyeing this tan patterned one for weeks. I finally caved last week and bought it, along with a chocolate brown and powder blue one. The next day . . . the patterned ones were marked down (that means they might be marked down in your area and you should probably go pick them up, so that you can come out spending less than $50). Justifyjustifyjustify!
2. Method Pink Grapefruit Gel Hand-Wash and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit - I
don't really like grapefruit scented things. O wait. I do.
I love Method products. They are gentle, all-natural, and not overpriced. I've used their laundry detergent and sort-of love it too.
The face wash is a mainstay in my Target cart. It has little beads to help wash your face and salacylic acid to help fight acne. Here's another two-fer! And it leaves your face smelling like grapefruit candy.
3. Cute Dolla' Socks - These used to actually be $0.99 a pair. They've recently increased to $1.50, but you can sometimes find the sale ones for $0.99. Either way - they always make it in my cart. I probably have about 20+ different pairs - not even joking.
Now on to clothes.
1. Bright Pants - I got these ankle pants from Old Navy in the middle of August and they have turned just about every drab day into a more fabulous one. I couldn't link up the ones I bought, but here and here show you that bright colored pants are here to stay, and I don't hate it.
2. Striped Color-Block Jersey Dress - A last minute decision to go to the WVU vs. JMU game brought me into Old Navy, hoping to score something blue and gold to wear to the game. And boy did I! This dress is so comfy. Its modest length, 3/4 length sleeves, and color combos make it perfect for fall. I paired it with a denim jacket and flip flops for the game, but I definitely see it being worn with my cowboy boots in the coming weeks. Maybe even to the pumpkin patch :)
Let's talk food.
Healthy and unhealthy or #operationzipthosepants worthy and #NOToperationzipthosepants worthy.
1. Black Cherry Chobani with Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds - This is the healthy version of a chocolate covered cherry and it tastes just as good!
2. Vanilla-Blueberry Luna Fiber Bar - Remember Nutri-Grain bars from the 90's? I really liked those (even though they are not made like they are now), but these put those to shame. These are moist and flavorful and they pack 7g of fiber. Another two-fer!
3. Liberte Mediterranee Coconut Yogurt - This yogurt has alot of fat - just putting it out there. The coconut and blackberry flavors rock my world though. Some of the smoothest yogurt I've ever had. The lemon makes for a great fruit dip (Nannie doing right there). After looking at their site, they actually have greek versions of their flavors, so my next mission is tracking the greek (far less fatty) versions down.
1. Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins - I'm definitely a creature of habit so buying flavored wheat thins was outside my comfort zone. This time I'm glad I stepped outside my comfort zone because these bad boys were awesome. After moving my stuff from Richmond back to the beach, I was famished. I popped in Food Lion and grabbed these, extra-sharp cheddar cheese, and Landsharks with lime - perfect combo of flavors let me tell you. Not a perfect combo of calories haha (the wheat thins by themselves aren't really a burden on the waist line).
2. Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Swirl Bread - This bread really isn't that bad, it's what you put on it that could hurt ya (butter, cream cheese, etc.) I toasted mine and ate it plain with coffee and that fit the bill just fine. However, this morning I made french toast out of it haha! All in the name of fall! Grab it soon though because it's a limited edition flavor.
3. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies - Alright, so these are awful for you. Staying in the spirit of all things pumpkin, I bought these at Fresh Market the other night. I bought sushi too. Ya know, to balance things out. HA!
Ever been wholesale shopping? Growing up, my family always shopped at Costco. Last weekend my roommate invited me to join her at BJ's. We had gotten a free, two-month membership in the mail and who doesn't love free? If you don't know anything about wholesale shopping, it's basically a huge warehouse packed full of housewares, groceries, food, travel items, clothing, jewelry and more - except available in
large huge quantities for decreased prices. Places like this are perfect for large families, or for small households like ours when we want to stock up on toilet paper and paper towels . . . for a year.
1. Nutella - Take Nutella for instance. You can usually buy a small jar at your local grocery store for about $6. Nutella at BJ's is available in a ginormous container for only $4.99. Even though the deal was good, I kept telling myself that I would probably eat the whole jar in about a week's time.
2. Frozen Salmon - I have always been skeptical about frozen fish because I mean how fresh can it really taste? Here's another instance in which I stepped outside my comfort zone and am so glad that I did. I purchased six pieces of frozen salmon in individual vacuum sealed portions for only $16.99. You cannot beat that deal! I made my first piece this week with a little pesto and lemon juice and it was to die for. I could not get over how delicious the fish was. And easy! Just defrost for about ~15 minutes in a bowl of water, then pop in the oven for ~15 minutes and you're done!
That's a wrap! These are just a few of the things I've been loving for the past few months. What are you loving lately? Do you love wholesale shopping or would you rather make weekly Target runs (psst - I love both)?