Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Quit Horsin' Around

Mother's Day was a few days ago and rather than purchase the ingredients to make my momma, nannie, and aunt a Hummingbird Cake days before, I decided to go to the store at 6:30am on Sunday to get what I needed.
 
No, I had not had my perfected cup of coffee yet.
 
Our neighbors have a few horses and the sun in the morning always looks superb in that direction. I took the picture of the little gem below on my way back in (however this was shot under the overhang of the barn). They also have a ton of alpacas. I'm not brave enough to face those little things. Yet. They're odd to me. Momma thinks they're cute.


I am here to report that, that cake is . . . gone. Definitely try it out. However, I would recommend adding the 1/3 c of walnuts to the batter and baking them in, rather than just on top. Soak and toss them in flour before adding to the batter so that they don't sink to the top (because it's a bunt cake pan) of the cake.

While my cake was baking, my parents went to church and my dad advised insisted that I go take pictures of the random patches of Mountain Laurel that we have growing along our wood line at the back of our property. I have a couple of those for ya' too.





All in all it was a great day with the prettiest women I know!

-Suze

No comments:

Post a Comment