Sunday, January 6, 2013

Embroidery Hoop Nursery Wall Art

First things first - Happy New Year! I hope y'all could enjoy time off with friends and family and ring in the New Year feeling blessed and refreshed.

A couple days before Christmas, I had an appointment with my hair stylist genie (because they grant all your wishes ya know) and was so excited to see her (not just for hair reasons). Jessica is expecting a little girl and a some handmade loving was needed (for my soul's sanity). I decided to put together some embroidery hoop wall art for little Miss Eleanor's nursery. I LOVE how they turned out. These are super easy to make and can be timeless depending on the fabric that you choose.

I wasn't entirely sure what colors Jess had in mind for Eleanor's nursery, so I walked into Joanne's a little nervous about what I would/wouldn't find. I was nervous until I stumbled upon the most beautiful selection of white fabrics - ever. I'm in love with them. All of them. I see curtains and table runners in my future - you name it and I want to make it out of these fabrics. It was also a win-win because I chose all white fabrics, meaning they would match just about whatever and could be used for years to come (if she wanted). Lucky for me, I purchased a 1/2 yard of each so I had enough to make two sets.

Enough already! Go make these (tutorial and fabrics used are down at the bottom)!




Embroidery Hoop Nursery Wall Art


What You'll Need

  • Embroidery Hoops (I used a 12 inch, 10 inch, and two 6 inch hoops)
  • Fabric (I used White Blossom Vine, White Lacey Pintuck, RB Sweet Rose Floral, and a thick Muslin for behind each - I wanted them to be a crisp white)
  • Hot Glue
  • Fabric Scissors
  • Iron


How To Make 'Em

  • I followed this tutorial minus the Tacky Glue - I used hot glue.
  • Be sure to iron these fabrics well (careful on the lace one) before placing them in your hoops so that you have a pristine and tight finish once in your hoop.



Eleanor will make her big debut soon and Jess has her nursery almost complete! Go check it out here.

-Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment