Thursday, February 14, 2013

If We Were Having Coffee - Valentine's Day Style

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you Happy Valentine's Day. Doesn't it feel good to love and be loved? I'd also tell you to grab a macaron and get comfy. 

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you that making macarons is like making a baby. I equate the same amount of love of making a baby to making macarons. Seriously. They take TLC to make, you have to be gentle with them once they're cooked, and you have to dress 'em up just right with pretty colors. Baby correlation, no?


If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you don't make macarons - ha! Make a pie. Or a cake. These are both forgiving, equally delicious, and people will love them all the same. However, I would also tell you to grab Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery Cookbook. It's worth every cent. Just skip the macaron recipe - they're just too stressful. Delish but stressful.

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd keep it real. I'd tell you that I have a crucial exam on antibiotics tomorrow and I'm burnt out. Honestly. The month of May cannot come soon enough. O and instead of studying, I'm writing this and having virtual coffee with you -  both of which I prefer. 

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you that I put these together last night for some pharmacy school peeps. It's one of the fundraisers I put together this semester. They're cute, they smell nice, and it put off studying. 


If we were having coffee this morning, I'd ask if you had plans for Valentine's Day or if there's any special Valentine in your life. Your dog? Perfect. Just a date with you, your TV, and a bottle of wine? Even better. Might I suggest Jefferson Vineyards' Pinto Gris?

I'll be studying.

And thinking about these goodies that a special someone received. What pairs better with coconut and chocolate hazelnut macarons than a Hydroflask Growler filled with Hardywood's Sidamo Coffee Stout? Nothing. Nothing I tell you. O yea - and those map things? Drink coasters. They're the best. I'll share a tute soon.

Enjoy your coffee. And your Valentine's Day

-Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment