Monday, July 16, 2012

Brown Suga' Baked Brie

Last Sunday night I came home from work and decided all that I wanted for dinner was brie and wine. So that's what I had! Gotta indulge every once in a while. I've only every consumed brie, I haven't actually ever made it myself. Guess I can check that one off now! Making brie is actually quite easy and the combinations are endless. However, I will be investing in a dish for baking brie for the future. I'm leaning more towards this one (not specifically for baking brie, but the size is perfect), but here are a few other cuties:

Alright, let me get to it already!



Brown Suga' Baked Brie


What Ya' Need
  • 1 wheel of Brie
  • Brown Sugar
  • Walnuts
  • Craisins
  • Honey
  • Water crackers or bland crackers for munching (I used the plain Carr's brand). You could always serve with apples, pears, or pita bites too.

How To Make It
  • Remove wrapping from brie.
  • May feel like there is still some stuff on your brie. Shave that off with a knife, making sure not to shave off any of your yummy cheese. You can leave that rind like stuff on to keep your cheese uniform/prevent it from spreading/oozing, you'll just have to eat around it.
  • Place in baking dish.
  • Pack brown sugar on top of your cheese.
  • Drizzle a little lots of honey over the brown sugar.
  • Pack walnuts on top of the brown sugar/honey.
  • Then pack craisins on top of that.
  • Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes.
  • Enjoy with wine! I enjoyed mine with a yummy Sauvignon Blanc.

Here are a few other tasty brie recipes. Like I said, the possibilities are endless!

Have some brie and wine this Monday. What's gonna be your excuse? It's Monday for crying out loud! You could make a sweet/savory one similar to mine, or go completely crazy with garlic and herbs.

-Suze

No comments:

Post a Comment